1. “Arsenic and Old Lace” A Comedy, Adults
- Auditions: Completed
- Performances: October 29, 30, 31 Nov. 1, 2
2. “A Christmas Story” Holiday Radio Play Kids and Adults Radio Play
- Auditions: November 13 & 14 at 7:00pm, Nov 15 at noon
- Performances: December 5, 6, 7, 2014 (FR/SA/SU)
3. “A Gershwin Valentine” Valentine’s Day Weekend Dinner Theatre
- Auditions: January 12 & 13 at 7:00 pm
- Performances: February 13 & 14, 2015 (FR/SA) *
4. “Who Murdered Mozart?” (With the Mankato Symphony)
- Auditions: March 9 & 10
- Performance: May 1, 2015
5. “Rogers & Hammerstein’s The Sound of Music” Summer Musical
- Auditions: May 14 & 15 at 7:00 pm, May 16 at noon
- Auditions/Callbacks: May 19 & 20 at 7 pm May 21 Callbacks (if necessary)
- Performance: July 23, 24, 25, 26, 2015
More shows, workshops, classes, and murder mysteries to follow.
The Pioneer Players were incorporated in 1978 after many years of informal theatre productions dating back to the founding of New Ulm. A group of citizens reformed the group in 2001 as the New Ulm Actors Community Theatre (NUACT). The not-for-profit group as an IRS 501(c)(3) operates a season of plays and activities centered around the historic 900-seat “State Street Theatre” on the corner of State and Center Streets, and recently opened a 100-seat “Off Broadway Studio” downstairs in a former band room.
All ages are welcome, from our youngest workshop and summer camp performers through senior community members. Anyone can participate–from taking tickets, constructing sets, to acting on stage. From full scale musicals to radio theatre, from Oktoberfest parades to forgetful nuns, Jane Austen, and from straight lines to harmonizing, NUACT brings a variety of musicals, murder mysteries, holiday shows, workshops, comedies, and classes to its regional audience.
Please join us! Send an e-mail to email@example.com or call us at (507) 359-9990 just to say hello. For a recent video, see “Something Artsy Summer Edition 2014″ below.
The Mission of the New Ulm Actors Community Theatre is to bring the joy and craft of theatre to New Ulm and the surrounding area while encouraging involvement and participation from all ages and backgrounds.