Items in RED are part of the “Season”
1. “Hermann the German: The Scandal that Rocked New Ulm!” in the State Street Theatre Auditorium. An original play from the Minneapolis Fringe Festival.
• Saturday, October 11 at 2:00 pm and 7:30 pm
“Rumpelstiltskin” at Fairmont Children’s Theatre Workshop (Red Rock Arts Center)
• Saturday October 11
2. “Arsenic and Old Lace” in the Off Broadway Studio, (OBS) A Comedy, Adults
• Thursday, October 30, 7:30 pm
• October 31 (Halloween) two shows, 7:30 & 10:00 pm
• Saturday, November 1 @ 5:30 pm
• Sunday, November 2 @ 12:30 pm
Gnome Made Workshops (David W & Leah B) in OBS
• Kids in two workshops with shows at 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm on Saturday, November 18
Christkindlmarkt shows in the Event Center (starring adults)
• One Rehearsal: Saturday, November 22, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm in the OBS
• Performance: Saturday, November 29
3. “A Christmas Story” Holiday Radio Play in State Street Theatre Auditorium (Kids and Adults Radio Play)
• Auditions: November 13 & 14 at 7:00pm, Nov 15 at noon
• Performances: Friday, Saturday & Sunday December 5, 6, 7, 2014
4. “A Gershwin Valentine” ♥ Valentine’s Day Weekend Dinner Theatre in State Street Theatre Auditorium (dinner theatre on stage)
• Auditions: January 12 & 13 at 7:00 pm
• Performances: Friday and Saturday, February 13 &14, 2015
5. “Who Murdered Mozart?” in the State Street Theater Auditorium (With the Mankato Symphony and opera singers from the Minneapolis-St. Paul area)
• Auditions: March 9 & 10
• Performance: Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 7:30 pm
“Murder in Fairmont” at the Red Rock Center for the Arts
• Friday and Saturday, April 17 & 18
6. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in the State Street Theater Auditorium (NUACT’s Annual Summer Musical)
• Auditions: May 14 & 15 at 7:00 pm, May 16 at noon
• Auditions/Callbacks: May 19 & 20 at 7 pm May 21; Callbacks (if necessary)
• Performance: Thursday – Sunday, July 23, 24, 25, 26, 2015
The Pioneer Players were incorporated in 1978 after many years of informal theatre productions dating back to the founding of New Ulm. A group of citizens reformed the group in 2001 as the New Ulm Actors Community Theatre (NUACT). The not-for-profit group, as an IRS 501(c)(3), operates a season of plays and activities centered around the historic 900-seat “State Street Theatre” on the corner of State and Center Streets, and a recently-opened 100-seat “Off Broadway Studio” downstairs in a former band room.
All ages are welcome, from our youngest workshop and summer camp performers through senior community members. Anyone can participate–from taking tickets, constructing sets, to acting on stage. From full scale musicals to radio theatre, from Oktoberfest parades to forgetful nuns, Jane Austen, and from straight lines to harmonizing, NUACT brings a variety of musicals, murder mysteries, holiday shows, workshops, comedies, and classes to its regional audience.
Please join us! Send an e-mail to email@example.com or call us at (507) 359-9990 just to say hello. For a recent video, see “Something Artsy Summer Edition 2014″ below.
The Mission of the New Ulm Actors Community Theatre is to bring the joy and craft of theatre to New Ulm and the surrounding area while encouraging involvement and participation from all ages and backgrounds.