1. “Arsenic and Old Lace” in the Off Broadway Studio (OBS)
A Comedy, Adults
• Performances: Fri. October 30 @ 7:30 and November 1 @ 2 pm
• TWO shows on October 31 (Halloween) 7 & 10 pm
2. “Octoberfest Family Play” starring adults
(Like last year’s Elvis & Shoemaker) in the OBS
Sat. October 11: Fairmont Children’s Theatre Workshop
(Red Rock Arts Center)
Sat. November 18: Gnome Made Workshops
Two shows in the OBS
Sat. November 29: Christkindlemarkt shows
in the New Ulm Event Center Three shows: 11a, 1pm, 3 pm
• Rehearsal: Sat. November 22; 1-5 pm in the OBS
3. “A Christmas Story” Holiday Radio Play
in State Street Theatre Auditorium; Kids and Adults Radio Play
• Auditions: November 13 & 14 at 7:00pm, Nov 15 at noon
• Performances: Fri, Sat & Sun, December 5, 6, 7, 2014
4. “A Gershwin Valentine” Valentine’s Day Weekend Dinner Theatre in State Street Theatre Auditorium (dinner theatre on stage)
• Auditions: January 12 & 13 at 7:00 pm
• Performances: Friday and Saturday, February 13 & 14, 2015
5. “Who Murdered Mozart?” in the State Street Theater Auditorium
(With the Mankato Symphony and opera singers from the Twin Cities)
• Auditions: March 9 & 10
• Performance: Saturday, May 2, 2015
May. 2015 Murder in Fairmont at the Red Rock Center for the Arts
6. ”Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in the State Street Theater Auditorium NUACT’s Annual Summer Musical
• Auditions: May 14 & 15 at 7:00 pm, May 16 at noon
• Auditions/Callbacks: May 19 & 20 at 7 pm May 21; Callbacks (if necessary)
• Performance: Thu–Sun, July 23, 24, 25, 26, 2015
The Pioneer Players were incorporated in 1978 after many years of informal theatre productions dating back to the founding of New Ulm. A group of citizens reformed the group in 2001 as the New Ulm Actors Community Theatre (NUACT). The not-for-profit group, as an IRS 501(c)(3), operates a season of plays and activities centered around the historic 900-seat “State Street Theatre” on the corner of State and Center Streets, and a recently-opened 100-seat “Off Broadway Studio” downstairs in a former band room.
All ages are welcome, from our youngest workshop and summer camp performers through senior community members. Anyone can participate–from taking tickets, constructing sets, to acting on stage. From full scale musicals to radio theatre, from Oktoberfest parades to forgetful nuns, Jane Austen, and from straight lines to harmonizing, NUACT brings a variety of musicals, murder mysteries, holiday shows, workshops, comedies, and classes to its regional audience.
Please join us! Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (507) 359-9990 just to say hello. For a recent video, see “Something Artsy Summer Edition 2014″ below.
The Mission of the New Ulm Actors Community Theatre is to bring the joy and craft of theatre to New Ulm and the surrounding area while encouraging involvement and participation from all ages and backgrounds.